Saturday, April 7, 2007
Is Acupunctue Energy Medicine?
When I attempt to define Acupuncture to anyone asking me, i certainly mention the words: Energy and Medicine, but i don't think that i've used this coined phrase as a way of delineating it from it's Western counterpart, "Trauma Medicine." Clearly "Energy Medicine" is not exclusive to Acupuncture, as it is any treatment that "deals with the electromagnetic fields generated by the living body." Once, many years ago, I believe that Acupuncture and Chinese herbology were used in trauma situations, as well, becuase what else was there to use?! Now, because of efficiency, availability, and success Western Medicine is the first choice in an emergency situation. I think as the years continue we will see that while these centers of focus will probably not change for "Energy" and "Trauma" Medicines, they will begin to broaden and incorporate each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment